Thursday, September 10, 2009

It occurs to me as I sit at my desk today that true joy is the fulfillment of longing. Receiving or achieving the object or experience one has been dreaming of which is quickly superseded by more longing and the more intense the longing the greater the prize when it is realized. I've always felt sorry for those for whom things come too easily. Where then is the joy of achievement? Today I find myself longing to be at the cabin. I was just there and here I am plotting the next opportunity. To follow up on last weeks entry. We did a little bit of everything that was on our work list and added a couple of projects that were not. We did not finish everything completely but came very close hence the longing to return. I do think that for the first time we felt satisfaction as we drove away knowing that from this point forward real progress will be made or at least progress that you can see and feel. The roof was sealed where needed, the chimney pointed and sealed, the front door was changed out and a good bit of insulation installed in the front room, outside a lot of scrap metal was collected and hauled away and things that needed to be burnt or trashed were. We felt as if we left the forest a greener and more forest friendly place than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment